The Chulu East 6584m & Chulu Far East are situated South East of Chulu West and East of Pisang peak in the Damodar / Manang Himal area.
The climb for the Chulu Far East and Chulu East 6584m shares the same route to the high camp which sits on the 5608m. meter col separating the two peaks. Chulu Far East is relatively an easier climb than the Chulu East climb requiring just a high camp. Your route on Chulu Far East will be the standard South West ridge route. This climb offers breathtaking views of the Annapurna, Manaslu mountain range and the Nar and Phu Valley in the North. The minor Annapurnas and the Manang Valley lie in the South.
Even though a long South East ridge continues towards the summit of Chulu East from the high camp at 5608m., the route I suggest for your climb is the North East Ridge route. A higher camp at 5,791m. is required
for the ascent of Chulu East. Chulu East is definitely a beautiful looking peak and only a few teams have gained success on this peak.
The first ascent of this peak via the NE Ridge in May 1979. It may also be an interesting option to trek into the Nar & Phu area in this region before the Chulu climbs. This area recently opened for trekkers offer a beautiful walk in the remote area of Manang Himal inhabited by people of Buddhist origin.
After the climb of the twin peaks, we will trek across the famous Thorang La pass into Kaligandaki Valley via Manang and take a flight from Jomsom to Pokhara and then to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
Day 3: Drive Kathmandu – Khudi
Day 4: BeginTrek
Day 11: Arrive At BC
Day 12-20: Climbing
Day 21: Leave BC for Jomsom
Day 22: Arrive Jomsom
Day 26: Fly Jomsom-Pokhara-Kathmandu
Day 27: Free Day in Kathmandu
Day 28: Trip Ends
- Accommodation during trek available everyday en-route (local lodge)
- All meals during trek in Local Lodge
- Climbing guide, cook with kitchen staff
- Tents and meal during climbing period
- Local porters during trek (ratio:- 1 porter : 2 member)
- All necessary trekking permit fees
- Accommodation at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing with breakfast
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with inclusive of monuments entry fees.
- Airport transfers with an escort by Private Vehicle
- Equipment clothing for porter & staffs
- Insurance for all staff & porters
- All applicable government tax
- Nepal visa – Multiple Entrée 30 days – USD 40 Details in Visa Page
- International flight
- Rescue flight if needed
- Extra baggage charges (All together only 15 kg is allow by domestic airline)
- Personal gears & clothing (available on hire in Kathmandu)
- Tips, any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation/road block due to any reason, table drinks, snacks while walking
- Any other tours, transfer and service other than mentioned above
- Your insurance and medical Expenses