The Annapurna area is regarded as the most scenic area for walk in the whole world. Ghandrung trek is the focal point of this trek which is situated south of the Hiuchuli and Annapurna South peaks. It is an important Gurung villages which famous for the scenic view of its slate roofed houses in the foreground of Hiuchuli and Annapurna South peaks. Buddhist by origin, Gurung is the best known ethnic community of Nepal and form the elite corps of the famed Gurkha soldier.
To begin Ghandrung trek, we drive for about 6 hours from Kathmandu to Phedi near Pokhara. From Phedi, it is pleasant short climb to the picturesque Magar village of Dhampus which sits on a ridge top over looking the Pokhara Valley on the South and the who Annapurna mountain massif on the North. The wide terraced fields on the climb which is cultivated the year-round is mesmerizing to look at!
Onward Dhampus, we walk through a forest area with rhododendron and oak trees and pass by Landrung, another important village in this region settled by ethnic Magar and Chettri people before arriving at Ghandrung. Ghandrung is the chief village of Gurung people in this region. The view of the Annapurna South and Hiuchuli peaks from here with the slate roofed houses in the foreground decorate many of the post-card stands along the trail. From Ghandrung, we make a steep descent to Madi Khola and follow it downstream to Birethanti to end this short and beautiful trek.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu drive to hotel
Day 02: city tour in Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara by tourist transport
Day 04: Drive to Naya pul and trek to Ghandrung
Day 05: walk around Ghandrung
Day 06: Trek down to Naya pul and drive to Pokhara
Day 07: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 08: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 09 : Fly back to country
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu by air or road as per itinerary.
- Three times meals per day during the trek
- Accommodation in tea house
- Accommodation at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu.
- Guide and porters
- All necessary trekking permits
- Kathmandu City Tour with entry fee
- Airport transfers
Cost does not include:
- Major meals, Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Airport departure tax to be paid in rupees on your departure
- Rescue evacuation if needed: We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.