Rolwaling, Tashilabtsa & Everest: The high alpine valley of Rolwaling lies north-west of the Everest valley, across the Tashilabtsa pass. This valley settled by a lone Sherpa village, is mentioned in the Buddhist scriptures as one of the 8 ‘Beyuls’ (safe haven) where human beings will find shelter in times of trouble. Dominated by the majestic summit of Gaurishanker (7146m./23440ft.), once thought to be highest mountain in the world, our trek to this valley offers the unique experience of visiting an area that is spiritually attached to the people who dwell the Himalayan heights.
Rolwaling, Tashilabtsa & Everest trek, we begin trekking from Barabise (a market town near Tibetan border) and soon ascend to the Tingsang La Pass (3319m/10890ft.) for a breathtaking view of the distant eastern Himalaya. Our next destination is to Bigu Gompa, site of one of the most fascinating Buddhist nunneries in Nepal, set amidst a cluster of juniper trees. In this surrounding of peacefulness, we observe and appreciate the simple yet complex life styles of the residents here and view with wonder the statues of Avalokiteswara, the Buddha of compassion, each with eleven heads and one thousand arms. Entering Rolwaling valley, we pass through the traditional Sherpa village of Beding and climb higher to the high mountain pass of Tashilabtsa 5755m/ 18876ft. which separates the Rolwaling and Khumbu Valley. From the pass, we make our descent to Thame, the birth place of Tenzing Norgay Sherpa, the first man to summit Mt. Everest with Sir Edmund Hillary.
After Thame, we trek up the Nangpa Valley to Marlung and climb for the crossing of the Renjo- La 4340m. pass (offers the best view of mountain in the Khumbu Himal including Mt. Everest) to arrive at the turquoise lakes of the Gokyo Valley. After Gokyo we cross yet another high mountain pass, Cho-La 5320m to enter into the Everest Valley. Here, we climb Kalapathar (5545m/18,187ft high) and scan the pyramid shaped South West Face of Mt. Everest with its summit spewing snow plumes to the sky, followed a pilgrimage to the Mt. Everest base 5380m/17646ft. base camp for a glimpse into the lives of Everest climbers. On the return leg of the trek, we trek down the Khumbu Valley via Pangboche (the village with the oldest Sherpa monastery), Tengboche ( the monastery with most scenic location. Also the religious, cultural center of the Sherpa people of Khumbu Valley), Namche Bazar ( fondly called the capital of the Sherpa country). From Namche, we make a steep descent to the confluence of the two rivers coming from the Cho-Oyu and Everest (which forms the Dudhkosi) and follow Dudhkosi downstream- passing through some old and colorful Sherpa villages of Jorsalle, monjo, Benkar, Phakding, Lomjo (choplung), Dungde (chaurikharka) to end this trek in Lukla. From Lukla, it is a short 35 minute flight back to Kathmandu. The flight offers plenty of mountain view of the areas we have just trekked through.
Day 01: Kathmandu
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 03: Bus to Kharidunga
Day 04~27: Begin Trek and end in Lukla
Day 28: Fly Lukla – Kathmandu
Day 29: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 30: Trip Ends
- Accommodation during trek available everyday en-route (local lodge)
- All meals during trek in Local Lodge
- English speaking guide
- Local porters during trek (ratio:- 1 porter : 2 member)
- All necessary trekking permit fees
- Domestic flights
- Accommodation at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing with breakfast
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with inclusive of monuments entry fees.
- Airport transfers with an escort by Private Vehicle
- Equipment clothing for porter & staffs
- Insurance for all staff & porters
- All applicable government tax
- Nepal visa – Multiple Entree 30 days – USD 40 Details in Visa Page
- International flight
- Rescue flight if needed
- Extra baggage charges (All together only 15 kg is allow by domestic airline)
- Personal gears & clothing (available on hire in Kathmandu)
- Tips, any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation/road block due to any reason, table drinks, snacks while walking
- Any other tours, transfer and service other than mentioned above
- Your insurance and medical Expenses