This Mera la Amphulabtsa & Cho-la Trek is quite technical and strenuous trek. Beginning with a scenic flight along the eastern Himalayas from Kathmandu to Lukla, this highly spectacular trek takes us through the remote areas of Hinku/Hongu valleys into the Khumbu valley for a close-up view of Mt. Everest. Before we enter the Khumbu valley, we trek over three high passes (between 4600m/11500′, 5415m/17761ft. and 5,817/19,099ft.), enjoying a vast panorama of the eastern Himalayan range which includes magnificent views of 5 Himalayan summits higher than 8000 meters, including Mt. Everest. This remarkable area is isolated and void of tea houses. This is in sharp contrast to the busy Sherpa villages that follow after our descent from Amphulabtsa Pass into Khumbu Valley.
Other highlights in this trip include a hike to the summit of Kalapathar (5545m/18188′) from where we look directly at the massive south-west face of Mt. Everest.
On our descent, we take a less frequented trail going over Cho-la pass (5432m/17756′) which leads us to the beautiful lakes of Gokyo valley, famous for its turquoise green waters. Onward, we stop at the colorful Sherpa capital of Namche Bazar and then arrive Lukla to complete this outstanding trek.
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla
Day 3-21: Trekking begins
Day 22: Fly Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 23: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 24: Fly Home-Trip Ends
- Flight Kathmandu Lukla both way.
- Three times meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Accommodation in tea house or provided tents during the trek as mentioned in the trek type.
- Accommodation at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu with B/B plan.
- Guide and porters
- All necessary trekking permit fee
- Kathmandu City Tour with an Experienced Tour Guide
- Airport transfers
Cost does not included:
- International airfares
- International Airport Departure Tax
- Major meals, Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Airport departure tax to be paid in rupees on your departure
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects.
- Tips & Gratuities
- All others expenses not mentioned on price include section.
(We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance).