Nar, Phu & Tilicho Lake a hidden valley trek.
“When you come around the corner, you will see a sight that will move your soul”
So wrote a Nepali guide when this remote northern outpost of Manang region bordered with Tibet was opened for trekkers in 2003.
To begin this Nar, Phu & Tilicho Lake trek, we drive to Besisahar and trek initially following the well-known Annapurna Circuit rail as far as Koto before we enter into the Phu river Valley. Trekking in this area is unlike most of Nepal ? the terrain is Trans Himalayan and similar to that of Tibet. Trails are rugged and at times cut high into cliff sides in an area that has changed little over the years. We first visit the high Phu Village, which like a medieval castle, rises almost 40m above a dusty riverbed. Steep walls eroded by relentless wind and weather protect the 30-40 basic stone houses sheltered behind, built atop one another like a vertical jigsaw puzzle The we cross the Himlung Khola and enter the wide Nar Valley. After exploring the Nar, Phu villages, we cross the 5200m Kang-La pass and enter the Manang Valley.
In Braga, the route will then rejoin the Annapurna Circuit near Manang from where we will follow the little-used route that leads to the Tilicho Lake and the Meso Kanto Pass (5089m) which link the Manang and Kali Ghandaki Valleys. The crossing of the pass offers a more challenging and exciting alternative to the popular Thorong La Pass on the Annapurna Circuit. After crossing the pass we trek to Jomsom from where we fly back to Pokhara.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 03: Bus to Besisahar
Day 04~22: Begin Trek and end in Jomsom
Day 23: Fly Jomsom – Pokhara
Day 24: Fly Pokhara – Kathmandu
Day 25: Trip Ends
- Accommodation during trek available everyday en-route (local lodge)
- All meals during trek in Local Lodge
- Local porters during trek (ratio:- 1 porter : 2 member)
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit fees
- Trekkers’ Information Management System fees
- Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu airfare with domestic airport departure tax
- 3 nights’ accommodation at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing with breakfast
- 1 night accommodation in Pokhara on twin/double sharing with breakfast
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with inclusive of monuments entry fees.
- Airport transfers with an escort by Private Vehicle
- Equipment clothing for porter & staffs
- Insurance for all staff & porters
- All applicable government tax
- Nepal visa – Multiple Entrée 30 days – USD 40 Details in Visa Page
- International flight
- Rescue flight if needed
- Lunch & dinner during Kathmandu and Pokhara hotel stay
- Extra baggage charges (All together only 15 kg is allow by domestic airline)
- Personal gears & clothing (available on hire in Kathmandu)
- Tips, any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation/road block due to any reason, table drinks, snacks while walking
- Any other tours, transfer and service other than mentioned above
- Your insurance and medical Expenses