Kanchenjunga mini circuit Trek is specially design for those trekkers who loves to do trek in Kanchenjunga region but due to lack of sufficient time.
In the year 1998, Nepal government opened Kanchenjunga area for trekkers as trekking destiny . It has been be declared a protected area and only group treks organized by trek operators are allowed to operates Kanchenjunga trek in. As Kanchenjunga from the Indian side is not open for trekking, the best alternative is visit the north and south side of the mountain from Nepal Side. Two high passes: Lapsang La 5110m / 16761ft and Mirgin La 4460m/14628ft bridges the south and north side of the mountain for trekkers to crossover from one side to the other.
To begin Kanchenjunga trek, we first fly from Kathmandu to Chadragadi which is situated on the in the South East Terai region of Nepal on the borderline with India. From Chandragadi take jeep to Ilam and beautiful tea garden where you have a magnificent view of Mt. Kanchenjunga and other ranges of mountain and next day we take an early morning jeep to Taplejung to meet the trail head. After Taplejung the trail follow the low land Tamor River valley settled by Limbu people up to Hellok and then the high land Ghunsa Khola Valley, inhabited by Bhotia people of Tibet origin, leading to the Pangpema glacier. The Limbu people who wear a hand woven colorful tall topi ( Nepali hat) and big khukuri knife on their waist are known fiercest among the Gurkha soldiers of Nepal.
Trek goes through by Suketar to Tseram we take a new trail passing through the Limbu, Gurung villages of Mamankhe, Yamphuding and Torongtang and by crossing Mirgin la will be at Ghunsa and back to Suketar by Sekathum and Chirwa respectively.
On the return trek to Suketar, from From Suketar, we fly to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu to Chandragadi and drive to Ilam
Day 04: Drive to Sukhetar, trek to Lali Kharka [2220m].
Day 05: Trek to Keswa [2100m].
Day 06: Trek to Mamanke [2000m].
Day 07: Trek to Yamphudin [1650m].
Day 08: Trek to Lamite Jungle camp [2920m].
Day 09: Trek to Torontang [3080m].
Day 10: Trek to Tseram [3750m].
Day 11: Trek to Ramche [4360m].
Day 12: Rest day in Ramche – Exploration.
Day 13: Trekking beyond the Mirgin La [4663m].
Day 14: Trek to Gunsa [3475m].
Day 15: Trek to Kyapra [2300m].
Day 16: Trek to Sakathum [1600m].
Day 17: Trek to Chirwa [1180m].
Day 18: Trek to Phurumba.
Day 19: Trek to Taplejung – drive to Chandragadi.
Day 20: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 21: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 22: Final departure
- Accommodation during trek available everyday en-route (local lodge)
- Meals during trek in Local Lodge in some place and
- Guide, helper and porters
- Local porters during trek (ratio:- 1 porter : 2 member)
- Kanchenjunga Conservation Area permit fees
- Trekkers’ Information Management System fees
- Domestic flights
- accommodation at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing with breakfast
- Airport transfers with an escort by Private Vehicle
- Equipment clothing for porter & staffs
- Insurance for all staff & porters
- All applicable government tax
- Nepal visa – Multiple Entrée 30 days – USD 40 Details in Visa Page
- International flight
- Rescue flight if needed
- Extra baggage charges (All together only 15 kg is allow by domestic airline)
- Personal gears & clothing (available on hire in Kathmandu)
- Tips, any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation/road block due to any reason, table drinks, snacks while walking
- Any other tours, transfer and service other than mentioned above
- Your insurance and medical Expenses