Jugal Himal Exploratory, The Himalayan mountain ranges towering 30 kilometres due north of Kathmandu valley are known as the Jugal and Langtang Himals. On this trek we explore the valleys and the ridges which extend to the south of these Himals and which offer some of the best off-the-beaten-trail trekking in Nepal.
Starting near Kathmandu, we trek across the Sherpa valley of Helambu, and then climb to the alpine ridges of Yangri Danda that rise next to the Panch Pokhari Lekh (alpine ridge). We walk along this ridge for a few days looking at the numerous peaks of Jugal Himal and cross over the pass of Ganja La (5,200m./17073ft.) to enter into the Langtang valley (please see Langtang Valley trek about details).
Entering Langtang, we continue eastward to the yak pasture called Langshisa
Kharka and then fork to the right following Langshisa glacier between the peaks of Gangchenpo (6387m./20955ft.) and Langshisa Ri (6842m./22447ft.) in order to reach the crest of Tilman’s Col. At 5304m./17400ft, this is a difficult crossing with permanent snow and some hidden crevasses. After the pass we try following a high altitude path along the eastern flank of the Panch Pokhari lekh and then follow Balephi Khola to conclude our trek in Belephi. We will take an alternate route in case returning by Panch Phokhari is not feasible.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu drive to hotel
Day 02: city tour in Kathmandu valley
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Chautra (1,418m/4,651ft) – 4 hrs drive and commence trek towards Syaule (1,550m/5,084ft)
Day 04: Trek from Syaule to Ghyang on the Kamikharka Danda (2,270m/7,446ft)
Day 05: Trek from Kamikharka Danda to Chyocho Danda
Day 06: Trek from Chyocho Danda to Hile Bhanjayang (3,600m/11,808ft)
Day 07: Trek from Hile Bhanjyang to Nasem Pati (3800 m)
Day 08: Trek from Nasem Pati to Panch Pokhari, five sacred lakes (3,780m/12,398ft)
Day 09: A rest day for acclimatization at Panch Pokhari
Day 10: Trek from Panch Pokhari to Gaikharka
Day 11: Trek from Gaikharka to Yangri (1360 m)
Day 12: Trek from Yangri to Laghang Gompa (2800 m)
Day 13: Trek from Laghang Gompa to Tarkeghyang
Day 14: Trek from Tarkeghyang to Sermathang (2,590m/8,495ft)
Day 15: Trek from Sermathang to Melamchi (870m/2,853ft)
Day 16: Drive from Melamchi to Kathmandu.
Day 17: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 18: Fly back to country
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu by air or road as per itinerary.
- Three times meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Accommodation in tea house or provided tents during the trek as mentioned in the trek type.
- Accommodation at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu with B/B plan
- Guide and porters
- All necessary trekking permit.
- Kathmandu City Tour with an Experienced Tour Guide
- Airport transfers
Cost does not included:
- International airfares
- International Airport Departure Tax
- Major meals, Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Airport departure tax to be paid in rupees on your departure
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects.We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities
- All others expenses not mentioned on price include section.